If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
2. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information You Provide
Through our Site, you may be able to engage in activities including: becoming a subscriber to or registering for one of our catalogues or other services, ordering publications and products, or participating in online forums or communities. Your information may be required to engage in these activities as well as to receive products and services that you have requested. The types of information that may be collected through the Site include but are not limited to:
• Contact Data. When you subscribe to or purchase any of our products or services, we collect your first and last name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and other similar contact data.
• Credentials. We collect account passwords and other information for authentication and account access.
• Demographic Data. We collect demographic information including your gender and age.
• Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase, including your payment instrument number (such as credit or debit card information), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
• Profile data. We also may collect information about your personal or professional interests and use of or opinions about various products, programs and services.
• Content. We collect the content of messages you send to us, including any content submitted to the Site for publication or publicly posted on the Site, and feedback or questions and information you provide to customer support.
• Resume Data. We collect data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us, including your employment history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Site that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
B. Information Collected Automatically
We automatically collect other that data informs us as to how you and other Artifex Press users are using and interacting with the Site. We may use Service Providers to collect this information. Some examples of the information we collect include the following:
• Service Use Data. We collect data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the e-mails and advertisements you view, the products you purchase, the time of day you browse, your referring and exit pages, and other similar information.
• Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser and operating system you are using, your IP address, your device identifiers, your Internet or wireless service provider, and other similar information.
• Location Data. We collect location-based information about your device, which can be precise (e.g., latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (e.g., location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
We use various current – and later – developed technologies to collect this information (“Tracking Technologies”) including the following:
• Log Files. A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Service, such as your service use data.
• Cookies. To enhance your experience on our Site, we place “cookies” on your computer or device. Cookies are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Site and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Site. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
Cookies enable us to recognize you as the same user who has used our services, and relate your use of the services to other information about you, such as your usage information and personal information. Once you choose to provide us with information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies, and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. However, you may find that some parts of the Site will not function properly if you have refused cookies or similar tracking technologies and you should be aware that disabling cookies or similar tracking technologies might prevent you from accessing some of our content or otherwise hamper your viewing of editorial content.
• Local Shared Objects. Local shared objects, such as .Flash cookies, also may be stored on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, for example, see http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
• HTML 5. HTML5, the language some Web sites are coded in, may be used to store information on your computer or device about your service usage activities. This information may be retrieved by us to help us manage our Site, such as by giving us information about how our Site is being used by our visitors, how our Site can be improved, and to customize services for our users.
• Location-Identifying Technologies. GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and other location-aware technologies may be used to collect precise location data when you enable location-based services through your device. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us or certain Third Party Services (defined below) across time and services, and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, relate your service usage information to other information about you, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Site. We may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, and use such information along with offline and online information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information (where that information has been lawfully disclosed to us) for the purposes of learning more about you so we can provide you with relevant content.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the sections entitled “Third Parties” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use information about you for our legitimate interests, including to:
• Manage our Site: We use the information you provide to manage your registration and account. Registration is required to receive online newsletters or to participate in certain website features.
• Perform Services Requested by You: We use the information you provide to fulfill requests for our products or services, to respond to inquiries about artists, artworks, offerings and to offer other products, programs or services that may be of interest. We use your contact data and credentials to identify who you are, to provide you with the service or information you requested, and/or to facilitate your participation in an online forum or community.
• Send you Notices: We also may use this information to communicate with you, such as to notify you regarding general information about the Site, to highlight or promote featured content or services or when we update our services or policies, or to contact you about your account or the expiry of your subscription or purchase.
• Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
• Monitor and analyze site usage, trends, and activities.
• Improve the Site or other apps, marketing efforts, products and services, including to improve the design and content of our Site, and to enable us to customize your Internet experience. We may also use this information to offer you new products, programs, or services.
• Develop and send you marketing communications about our offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services. In all of the above cases we may use this information to enhance our ability to market products and services that may be of interest to you by way of appropriate marketing messages, either during your site visit, Site use or by way of subsequent communications, including email messages.
We also use information about you with your consent, including to:
• Serve advertising tailored to your interests on our Site and Third Party Services.
• Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
4. SHARING INFORMATION
We share information about you as follows:
• Affiliates. We may share your information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies where permitted under applicable law and not prohibited by any nondisclosure agreements we have executed with you. For example, we may share your information with our affiliates for customer support, marketing, and technical operations. We may transfer your information to other Artifex Press’ or its affiliates’ offices for internal management and administrative purposes on our behalf. Your information will be transferred to other Artifex Press or its affiliates’ offices where necessary for the performance or conclusion of our contractual obligations to you or for your benefit.
• Merger or Acquisition. Please note that if Artifex Press or any of its subsidiaries or lines of business is merged, acquired, divested, financed, sold, disposed of or dissolved, including through merger of, consolidation, sale or divestiture of assets, the relevant customer database, including information we may possess about you, may, in whole or in part, be sold, disposed of, transferred, divested, or otherwise disclosed as part of, or during negotiations of, that transaction or proceeding.
• Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
5. PUBLIC INFORMATION
If you make information public through our Site, other people will have access to it. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. If you choose to submit content, we may publish your name and other information you have provided to us, and you consent to that publishing. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information; however, California residents and data subjects in Europe have additional rights as set forth in “Your Rights and Choices” below. We may decide to use on-line forum and community content to enhance our editorial, promotional, and similar activities.
6. THIRD PARTIES
A. Third Party Services.
B. Third Party Features.
C. Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
Our Site contains Tracking Technologies owned and operated by Third Parties. For example, we use Tracking Technologies from third party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide us with other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. We also work with ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Service and/or on Third Party Services. These third parties may use Tracking Technologies on our Site and Third Party Services (including in e-mails and advertisements) to track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Site and Third Party Services or third party devices after you have left the Site (“Interest-based Advertising”).
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the sections entitled “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
7. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
A. Review and Update of Account Information.
You may access, update, or remove certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Site or by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. California residents and data subjects in Europe have additional rights as set forth in the sections entitled “Your California Privacy Rights” and “Your European Privacy Rights” below.
B. Tracking Technology Choices.
• Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
• Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Site may not function correctly.
C. Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the Service in order to provide more relevant advertising to you participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more about the DAA and your opt-out options for their members, please visit (i) for website opt-out, http://www.aboutads.info/choices; and (ii) for mobile app opt-out, http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. In addition, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please note that if you opt-out of online behavioral advertising using any of these methods, the opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt-out. Further, opting-out only means that the selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving online behavioral advertising to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
D. Communication Options.
If you prefer not to receive traditional mail or other off-line promotions from this Site, or if you want to opt-out of any sharing of your personally identifiable offline information with third parties not owned by Artifex Press, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer not to receive e-mail marketing from this Site, or if you want to opt-out of any sharing of your email address with third parties not owned by Artifex Press, please email email@example.com. We will not use or transfer information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses. You can also opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional e-mails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
E. Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Customers
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. Artifex Press may share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. As discussed above, if you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes offline please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or for email please email email@example.com. To find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below and review the information in the “Your Rights and Choices” section above. Please note that Artifex Press is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Site and posted content or information on the Site, can request that such information be removed from the Site by sending an e-mail as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view.
F. Your European Privacy Rights: Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
EU data protection law makes a distinction between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “processors”). Artifex Press, located at the address described in the “How to Contact Us” section below, is the controller with respect to information you provide through the Site.
We take steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates. We encourage you to review, update, and correct the account information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way that infringes any applicable legal requirements, through your account or by contacting us as set out in the “How to Contact Us” section below. By contacting us, you may also object to our further use of your information (this may involve closing your account). We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information.
Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information may be limited, subject to the law or your jurisdiction: (i) if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or (iii) if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements. To exercise any of these rights, contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
8. DATA SECURITY
9. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
10. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your information while you have an account with us and thereafter for as long as we need it for purposes not prohibited by applicable laws. Thereafter, we will either delete your information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributed to your identity. Your rights to request that we delete your Personal Information are set forth in the “Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information” section above.
11. SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS
Our Site is a general audience site and is not intended for use by children. No part of the Site is intended for or directed to anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that Artifex Press has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please contact us as described in “How to Contact Us” below, and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
Feel free to contact our Customer Service department at any time if:
• you wish to withdraw your name from an e-mail or other marketing list;
• you wish to access and/or correct your personal information, or
• you have a complaint about the manner in which we treat your personal information.
Via email by clicking here:
Or by writing to us by mail at:
260 West 35th Street, 14th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Attn: Customer Service