July 8, 2014 4:41 PM
Artifex Press seeks a detail-oriented, organized, and dedicated Research Intern to contribute to the preparation of the definitive catalogue raisonné of Sol LeWitt wall drawings.
Duration: One year
Type: Full-time / Temporary
Start date: September 2014
The responsibilities will include:
- Gathering and organizing material pertinent to the artist’s body of work;
- Documenting literature and exhibition histories;
- Entering information into the catalogue raisonné database;
- Sourcing images and obtaining rights for publication.
Background and qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Art History, Art Criticism, or Art Theory
- Knowledge of late 20th century American art, and conceptual art in particular
- Reading knowledge of Italian, French, and/or German preferred
- Proficiency in major word processing and database programs; Familiarity with content management systems and other web-based platforms a plus
- Curatorial and/or editorial work experience
- In-depth research experience
See the listing at NYFA.org.