January 14, 2013 5:48 PM
Artifex Press seeks a research associate (4 days a week) to assist on the preparation of a new catalogue raisonné.
Under the supervision of the Catalogue Raisonné Editor, the associate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: documenting and organizing material pertinent to the artist’s work; gathering information on literature references, exhibition histories, provenance, etc.; sourcing images and obtaining rights for publication; and helping with general duties and office management.
- Knowledge of late 20th century American art
- In-depth research experience
- Organized, detail-oriented, independent worker
- Proficiency with major word processing and database programs
Additional experience that would be helpful:
- Work experience in museums or galleries – curatorial and/or editorial
- Experience working in content management systems and other web-based platforms
- Reading knowledge of Italian, French, and German
Please send resume and cover letter to JOBS@artifexpress.com. Subject header: Research Associate